Human Resources Director
Welcome to the Cannon County Human Resources Department. On this page, you will find information regarding employment opportunities with the government of Cannon County, Tennessee. This includes information regarding job openings, how to apply for open positions, requirements for positions, and notifications about positions that may have already been filled.
Cannon County does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Job Title: Recovery Court Coordinator
Job Description: The Recovery Court Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day planning, development, management, monitoring and coordination of the Cannon County Recovery Court Program. Successful execution of the essential job functions requires knowledge and experience with project management, budget preparation, grant writing, problem solving, and case management experience with addiction. The coordinator serves as a liaison with local and state offices, treatment providers, social service agencies, community stakeholders, etc. Will be working under direct supervision of the Cannon County General Sessions Judge.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, implement and monitor the day-to-day activities of the Recovery Court to ensure compliance with key Recovery Court components and provide quality service to the target population.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan that meets the long-term goals and objectives of the community and promotes program sustainability.
- Compose policies, procedures, goals, objectives, mission statements, for informational presentations, grants, etc. Organize and conduct community presentations.
- Conduct grant research to assist in the funding of the department.
- Plan and prepare budgetary estimates and justifications.
- Cultivate and maintain cooperative relationships with community, and court staff.
- Identify service gaps and develop community resources.
- Strategize plans for potential expansion of the Recovery Court.
- Maintain confidential participant files.
- Organize, attend, and participate in court hearings, conferences, meetings, and committees.
- Act as a liaison between judicial officers, court personnel, treatment providers, attorneys, members of the Recovery Court Team, funding agencies and community organizations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Availability to work a nontraditional work schedule to accommodate needs of individual clients.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, direction and coordinating administrative activities for the program.
- a comprehensive working knowledge of all terminology, applicable laws, policies, standards, and regulations of the Recovery Court program.
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and create viable solutions.
- Even temperament and strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with community partners and work well with a team-oriented environment.
- Effective communication skills and the capacity to exercise a high degree of tact, diplomacy, professionalism, and competence in dealing with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision, and make independent decisions based on experience, judgement and established policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in human services, business administration, criminal justice or related field.
Five years of progressively responsible related experience in human services, public or court administration or criminal justice, OR any combinations of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Resumes may be submitted to the office of the Cannon County General Sessions Judge.
Employment Application (opens a PDF file)
Employee Handbook (opens PDF file)
Computer-Email-Internet Policy (opens PDF file)
Cannon County Human Resources Guidebook (opens PDF File)
Cannon County New Hire On-boarding Requirements (opens a PDF file)